As well as performing, I have experience as a writer & maker. I’m always looking for new opportunities to create and collaborate, so please get in touch! Check out my contact page to find out how.
Here’s some images & info about previous work:
- In 2014 I was excited to learn that my letter was to be published in an anthology titled Letter to an Unknown Soldier as part of the excellent 1418 Now WW1 Centenary. The anthology was edited by Neil Bartlett and Kate Pullinger. Writers also involved in the project included Owen Jones, Caryl Churchill, Stephen Fry, Mark Haddon, Jo Clifford and Dawn French!!!
- I write text for performance (such as my solo show What Would Kanye Do?), think pieces and interviews for Glasgow based women’s collective TYCI and poetry which has been published on Edinburgh based online magazine Hot Tub Astronaut.
- I’ve read my work at Peter Arnotts Moon Country Nights (Tron theatre Glasgow) and at a Leylines Theatre event as part of the Refugee Festival Scotland on the 24th June 2016 in response to Brexit.
- I’m an avid podcast listener and in 2016 I launched my first podcast titled ‘Bill & Me’, an ambitious yearlong series exploring my relationship to the works of William Shakespeare in response to the 400 year anniversary of his death. The series also included interviews with various UK theatre makers. If you’re a self identified Shakespeare geek ( but he also annoys you sometimes) then this podcast is for you! It’s free online here.
- I love collaborating with fellow makers to create new works, and have previously worked as a performer with Claire Willoughby (Sink or Swim), Katherine Nesbitt (The Ocean is Downhill from Everywhere) & Alasdair Hunter (What Country Friends is This?) among others.
I’ve also collaborated with creatives in other fields, including:
- Visual artist Ambivalently Yours with whom I co-hosted a feminist drawing workshop at the Women of the World Conference in Cambridge, England in 2016.
- Film maker Gwenllian Thurstan and I created the short film Marcy: Fragile Hustler, a piece created in 2015 to explore the character of Marcy who would become the basis of my solo show What Would Kanye Do? in 2017. Watch it below for free: